Tuesday, March 31, 2015

my why not Wyoming?

I was lying in bed on Saturday morning preparing myself to actually get up and start my day when I thought to myself, I could do what I'm supposed to do and get up, go to my yoga class, go to the grocery store, get my laundry done, and do whatever chores and errands I needed to do, and maybe have a semi okay day, or I could do something completely spontaneous and new. Obviously, I chose the second because why not drive to Wyoming?


I figured it was one of those get in your car and go now before you realize this is an insane thing to do moments, so I left pretty fast once I decided. And then I drove. I drove the almost 8 hours (there and back) to Green River, Wyoming by myself. I drove in silence while thinking, and I drove while listening to my favorite podcasts, I drove while listening to music, and for a while I drove and just listened to this song on repeat because it just fit everything that I was thinking and feeling and the fact that this song applied to me so perfectly means that at one point Marcus Mumford felt the same things I was feeling, and I don't know that's kind of comforting, don't ya think?


On my drive I decided three things: 
1. I need to write more. As great as it is getting to write for work every day, I should be writing for myself too.

2. It really is time to leave Provo. Provo is growing old, and I am growing wild, and we just don't fit into each other anymore.

3. I need to stop talking and start doing. Why not Wyoming? Time to stop thinking about the things I want to do and just do them, right?

"2090 called. You're dead and you wasted your time on earth."
–Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

DON'T LET 2090 CALL AND TELL YOU THAT!

peace. love. and Wyoming.


1 comment:

  1. The fact that you quoted Kimmy Schmidt makes me very happy. Maybe change your work screen saver to that?

    ReplyDelete

UA-47216223-1