Tuesday, March 24, 2015

my Cincinnati weekend

When the going gets tough, the tough get going all the way to Cincinnati to hide out with their sister and baby nephew for the weekend. That's how the saying goes, right? Because that's what I did. Sorry Swift, but occasionally I say screw it to shaking it off, and it's okay to just run away instead.
Sometimes a week of drinking too much diet coke and spending too much on flowers for yourself isn't enough, and even the mountains don't feel far enough away from your everyday life, so you call your sister, buy a ticket, and show up at her house less than 24 hours later. I know this all might sound very dramatic, but I just need you to trust me and my decisions and accept me for the dramatic human that I am.

But I mean, come on?!?! Isn't the only thing you really want when you are feeling down is to walk downstairs from a sunshine nap and have your two year old nephew scream AUNT DANIELLE and start squealing and jump off of the couch even though he JUST saw you an hour ago. Seriously, that made you feel good just reading it, didn't it?


So I spent my weekend at the zoo with my nephew, and at the movies with my sister, and eating ice cream with her cute family and everything wasn't fixed when I got back to Provo, and I didn't magically feel like everything was perfect when my plane landed back in Salt Lake, but I did feel a little brighter, and a little more peaceful, and a little more like maybe this week won't be quite as bad as the one before.

Now that I'm back in Provo/Salt Lake and it IS time to shake it off, let's dance. Cause what better way is there to forget about everything else and just enjoy life?



peace. love. and getaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1