Sunday, March 15, 2015

my last few months

I refuse to apologize for not blogging for the past few months because: 1. You probably didn't really mind and 2. I don't really feel that bad. Turns out that shoving everything you want to do, and all the people you want to see, and the errands you have to get done into your day when 9–5 (plus travel time) is taken from you on a daily basis is actually pretty difficult to do.

So what might you ask has happened to me in the past 2 1/2 months? Well stuff made me happy, and stuff made me sad, and a few more things have made me feel anxious (just kidding, that's just my perpetual state of being), and something made me really happy (but also kinda anxious, obviously), and that's enough about me and my feelings, huh?

But, in case you still feel like that just wasn't quite enough information (but I've already given you so much!), I'll walk you through a few more things that honestly you probably already know about because of social media:


I got to be there for my best friend when she got sealed to her other best friend in the LDS San Diego Temple, and it was magical and wonderful and made me feel all jittery and excited and happy for her. I was all kinds of worried that I was going to feel bummed and alone at the wedding, but honestly I felt nothing but the best vibes because I think I was just too dang happy for my Hily to think about anything else.


I checked out some fish with my guppy KatieMac, and I just wandered around looking at fish and feeling like the most blessed human alive to have a best friend (it's a tier not a title, yeah I have a few) who understands me so well and who is willing to make fishy faces at fish with me and understands when I send her crazy long vents one day and gushes about how perfect everything is the next day and never complains about it.


I made a great escape from Provo and headed down to St. George, and I just didn't really take many pictures, because sometimes I'm just feeling so good that I don't want to look at the world through a lens, but I just want to be wherever I am fully and completely and without having to think about lighting and looking good. This was one of those trips and I liked that a lot about it thanks to the people around me and good ole' mother nature. Feeling happy is nice, don't ya think?



And then this weekend my parents came to visit me in Utah, and we skied and snowmobiled, and it was really amazing. Not just because we had fun, but because it's always nice to be reminded that I don't just love my parents, but I actually really like them. Plus, sometimes I convince them to take selfies with me, which is cool.


Well, I feel like that is all the information that the internet is privy to. I've had people tell me before that they know more about me from my blog than actually interacting with me, and that kind of made me sad. So, I've been trying so hard recently to be a more open human in real life and to every once in a while talk about my feelings and tell people nice things, and it's hard, but I'm trying, and I really think I'm getting better and maybe that's also why I have been so absent on my blog and social media for the past little bit. So maybe I'll blog again tomorrow and maybe I'll never blog again (but probably not cause I actually am now remembering how much I enjoy this), but until them I hope to see you in the non-internet world too.

peace. love. and catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1