Sunday, November 30, 2014

my lost communication

I'm not sure anyone loses things as often as I do, but usually, it's just around my apartment, like my keys (every single time I try to leave home), or my phone which will later be found hiding under a blanket on the couch. No big deal, right? Well then you lose your phone on FrontRunner (the train I ride to Salt Lake every day for work) and problems start to happen, because apparently whoever finds your phone, kind soul that they are for turning it in, will wait almost a week before handing it over to UTA (Utah Transit Authority). Seriously though, was my phone just chilling in your pocket for a week? You didn't think I would want that back?

Luckily, I can text (at least to iPhones) from my computer so I wasn't completely off the grid, but that also meant unless I was at home sitting on my computer or at work, I was in the dark. But, not having a phone wasn't always bad. Here are the pros/cons that I found:

Cons
What do people without smart phones do when they are waiting in line. Seriously. What do they do. Stare at the other people in line? Cause that felt like my only option

I also lost my watch last week, so I never knew what time it was

I had to print out directions from GoogleMaps. What is this 1999? If you make a wrong turn, those puppies do not reroute so you better pay attention

Completely irrationally afraid that something completely horrible was going to happen while I was out and no one would be able to contact me

I had to listen to the radio when I was in my car. (The reunion between Spotify and me was ever so sweet)

That whole potentially having to buy a v spency new phone thing

If you forget to bring your camera on a beautiful camping trip (which I did), you don't even have a phone to take pics on

Pros
I couldn't obsessively stalk boy(s) I like (and/or his suspected girlfriend) and well everyone else on social media. (Stop judging me! You do it too!)

Once I went out for the night, there was no worry of "better plans" coming along. I was unreachable once I left my house

Coming home to text messages that I missed!

None of this group of people sitting around on their phones business

Not having my phone available to fill every second of dead space and being able to just think instead

I was happy that my phone showed up.....but that iPhone 6 was sounding pretty nice too

GETTING TO SEE THE GOOD IN HUMANITY. THANK YOU PERSON WHO TURNED IN MY PHONE. YOU ARE HONEST AND KIND!

In short, I need to stop being on my stupid phone all the time.

Here are pics (from Katie) of the before mentioned camping trip. I know they have nothing to do with this post, but I wanted to share them.....so sorry I guess







































peace. love. and telephones.






No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1