Tuesday, April 15, 2014

my last day

Well. Today was it. My last day of classes at Brigham Young University. No, don't worry I can't believe it either. I'm almost positive I started yesterday, but at the same time there is a good chance I have been here my whole life.

This is baby Danielle on her first day of kindergarten. I was just a teeny tiny little thing, I had pretty much 0 cares beyond what did my mom pack me for lunch? and I hope I get on the right bus to go home, and I was so excited to start school. I had no idea what I had ahead of me and all the incredible people I would meet and things I would learn through my years in school.

I remember one time in kindergarten I actually lied to my parents and told them I had homework because I was jealous of all the work that my sisters were doing. Trust me that was the first and last time I ever did that. Following that incident, I have spent most of my time pretending like I didn't have homework even if I did. (You can't get mad at me mom, I'm graduating.)

Seventeen years of school (plus some preschool) and here I am, getting ready to graduate. I've been in school for so long that it feels insane to think that this is it. (There's always a chance of grad school, but I have no plans for it at the moment.) Really though, this is what I've been doing for over half my life.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?! Oh yeah...I get a job. Still not much progress there, but I am excited willing to get serious about the hunt once finals are over (and once I take a trip to Disney World with my mom...).

What's most shocking to me about graduating is that I'm not really where I thought I was going to be at this point. When I was that precious 5 year old up there and I saw people who had graduated from college, I thought that they were so grow-up and mature. Most of the time, I still feel like that kindergartner.
When I started at BYU, I was also so positive that I was going to graduate having my life figured out, married (this idea was planted in me by the fact that my mother and sisters both were at this point), and that I would have a job. None of these things have happened. I have deviated very far from my plan, but I am happy with where I am, and I am excited to see where post graduate life will take me.


So here I am. Last day of class. Ready to tackle the world....after finals that is.
See you at graduation. I'll be the one in the cap and gown.



peace. love. and class.





No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1