Monday, April 7, 2014

my little letters

My mom got to go back to India earlier this year with a women's session at Rising Star Outreach (the organization that my family works with in India). I was really jealous that I didn't get to go, so I was ecstatic when she told me that some of the kids had written me letters she was going to send me. Here's the thing though, Mama C went to India in January...it is now April. I have been so anxious to get these letters because I miss my babies so. freaking. much. So obviously, I have been doing a lot of pestering and a lot of obsessive checking of our mailbox. But, today was the day!! I actually started crying as soon as I saw the envelope. No seriously. That's how excited I am about this.



Are there greater kids than the ones at Rising Star Outreach?? These letters not only made me cry from sheer joy of receiving them but from how incredibly sweet they were and also how hilarious these kids are.

I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but sponsoring two of the kids at Rising Star is such a joy and blessing. Knowing that I get to be a part of their lives and get pictures and letters from them brings me so much happiness. We have been sponsoring Mariyam for a few years now, but when I was working as a coordinator a couple summers ago, I got the strongest feeling that we needed to start sponsoring one of my boys as well. I was so nervous about asking my parents if we could sponsor another child and was so grateful at how excited and receptive they were when I did ask. Love love love hearing from Mariyam and M. Vishva and knowing that we are a part of helping them get an education.

Left: Little M. (M. Vishva) and Right: Mariyam (Mariyambe)
I try not to talk about India too often because I am pretty sure everyone would hate me if I talked about it as much as I want to, but whenever anyone gives me the chance to talk about it, I can't stop. It is my second home. A small piece of me is always there, and I can't wait till I go back and reunite with the little bits of me that I left oversees. Why wouldn't I want to be in a magical place where everyone calls me Dani the Dragon (coolest nickname ever right??)

Shameless plug: Should you be interested in volunteering with Rising Star this summer here is a link to their volunteer information, dates, and costs. Of course I am happy to answer any question also.

peace. love. and letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1