Sunday, April 20, 2014

my Easter Sunday

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been encouraging people to use the hashtag #becauseofhim, so I want to dedicate my Easter post to this. I rarely talk openly about my faith on social media, so bare with me I guess.

Because of him, I can do hard things. I can survive my lows. I can find joy in times of discomfort and I can find peace in times of trial. 

This is something that I learn more times than I want to, and something that I know I will keep learning. I've expressed on my blog before how last year was a really hard year for me. It wasn't just one thing that happened, it was everything. I felt like one thing was hitting me after another. I could never really gain control of my life, and this was particularly hard for me as someone who struggles with anxiety problems. It is especially hard for me to think back to one point where I felt so broken down that I finally kneeled and prayed and told my Heavenly Father I can't do this anymore. I very quickly felt a response of No, you can't, but we can. I have hit so many times in my life where relying on the Lord has been essential for me.


I have been thinking a lot about how when I am really struggling or really hurting that I tend to take this attitude of no one can really understand what I am going through. I think that a lot of people feel this way, and we cling to this adolescent idea that no one "gets" us. But really this is kind of true. Our experiences on this earth are all entirely unique to us. We are all effected by the same things in different ways. We feel our own pain, and we feel our own joy, and in a way, no one does get it. But, then I always remember that Jesus does. He suffered for us in the Garden of Gethsemane. He suffered for me. He experienced all my pain and all my joy, and He always knows exactly what I am going through.

I could not be more grateful to know that Christ lives. He has carried me through many trials and will carry me through many more. But, He is not only there when I am hurting, He is there when I am happy too, and I will praise Him continually for the comfort and happiness He gives me.

Because of Him, I can be with my family for forever.
Because of Him, I know that I will live again.
Because of Him, I am never more than a prayer away from feeling peace.

I know that Christ came to this earth to save us, I know that He died for us, and I know that He lives for us. My faith means everything to me, and I daily strive to live in a way that makes my love for Heavenly Father known to those around me.

peace & love, for He has risen

2 comments:

UA-47216223-1