Sunday, April 28, 2013

my Atlanta weekend

Goodbye Winter semester, we are done. Thank goodness. But, of course I am starting Spring classes on Tuesday so the mental break has been short. So that I could properly enjoy my break, I have spent the weekend at home in GA. Unfortunately it's rained quite a bit of the time, but jokes on you Atlanta, I love your rainstorms.

Even though my trip home has been very short I have been able to fit in some of my favorite things about coming back south.

First of all, I came home to a letter from the little boy at Rising Star that I sponsor. His name is M. Vishva. I call him Little M. He calls me Dani the Dragon. He is one of the coolest, funniest kids around, and I am honored to be a part of moving his education forward. I was beaming when I read this letter. (look into sponsoring a Rising Star or getting involved in other ways at www.risingstaroutreach.org)


Of course, I spent my afternoons hanging out with mom, going shopping, and getting lunch at some of my favorite places. We made sure that Diane and Rochelle felt involved by sending them updates in our family group text.


You would think that after my Shakespeare class where I read and watched seven plays in three months, did some pretty ridiculous assignments, and wrote a research paper, that I would be so over Shakespeare. Nope, didn't stop me from making sure that Dad, Mom, and I went to the Atlanta Shakespeare Tavern. I've been going here since I was eight, and I'm sure that my early love for Shakespeare has at least a little bit to do with why I am an English major today.


It was so great to be home this weekend, but I am also so excited for Spring semester. A little nervous, not gunna lie. There is a small part of me that is terrified that I will be the one person who stays in Utah for the summer, and hates it, and makes no friends, but that is just me being overly self-conscious and a little crazy (how unusual of me...) So, if you will be in Utah this Spring, hit me up, I'm ready for adventures. 

peace. love. and breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1