Thursday, June 12, 2014

my salty photo shoot

Since getting my new camera (affectionately named Helena because I have a weird habit of naming everything), I have actually been a little scared of it. I'm just still not entirely sure what to do with all the settings and what not. But, I've decided the best way to get over my fear of Helena is to get out there and start shooting.

Since I am driving a rental car for the week (due to a minor accident last week where my precious car Benny got rear ended), I figured it was the perfect time for a mini road trip out to the Salt Flats to play with my camera a little. I was pretty happy with the results. Also, you're about to be overloaded with pics because there were so many good ones that I had trouble choosing...


This is my stunning friend Katie who came along with me to help me take pics, to keep me company on the road, and of course, also to enjoy the salt flats.



I may not get tan, but I do get lots of freckles. Is it weird that actually seems better to me?


Yeah excuse the serious picture before this. Clearly I can't keep a straight face for very long. 


Sometimes I whip my hair back and forth. But actually, I'm pretty sure this was accidental which makes it an even cooler picture.





I was drooling over how blue and clear the sky was. Seriously. Look at it. So freaking blue.


 We were the only ones out there, so Katie and I had to use a self timer to get a pic together by artfully propped up my camera on my keys. One time we intentionally wore matching outfits and ever since then we keep on accidentally wearing matching outfits. We really aren't doing this on purpose, but we find it pretty hilarious, so I guess it's okay.



Pre hair flip...


..and hair flip! This is probably one of my favorite shots because just look at dat hair!



Taking pictures is hard work so I finished off by taking a little salty nap.

I think I feel a little less afraid of my camera after this and a couple other photo adventures I've taken recently. I'm trying to get a lot of practice in before my McCarty family reunion this summer so that I can take some good pics when I'm out in Oregon. So, like, who wants to go take pictures with me?

peace. love. and blue sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1