Sunday, March 2, 2014

my snow and sunshine

Who says you can't have snow and sunshine all in one weekend? I've had a thousand things to get done...but I also just really like to play. And if it's nice outside? Woof. Good luck getting me to be productive. So, Friday I ignored homework and reality and hit the slopes because I mean come on, you have to go skiing at least a once every winter if you live in Utah. I'm pretty sure it's actually a requirement.

But, here's the thing, there are many things that I am very good at, but skiing is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it. I'm just really really bad at it. So should you ever happen to be skiing with my friend Sarah who I was with that day, don't let her decide which way to go. Don't do it. You will find yourself at the top of a black diamond that is far beyond your abilities, and you will have no other way down the mountain. If you are me, than your stubborn side will kick in, you will refuse to go down, you will take off your skis and walk. You may even shout something along the lines of "I am going to stab you with my ski pole once I get down there." That may seem dramatic now, but at the time it felt like the proper sentiment. 


Despite that one snafu, I was pretty happy for most of the day.


Even if I was real real sore the next day. Should I not be in Utah next year, it might be a while before I ski again, so I'm glad I got at least one day in. I'm a busy girl, I've only go so much time, ok!


So after a bundled up day on the slopes, it only felt appropriate that I spend a sunny day at the park. It wasn't actually very sunny by the time we left, but when you live in Utah, your perception of warmth gets pretty skewed. I had very much intended to stay inside and do homework all day, but it's frighteningly easy to convince me to go out and play instead. The result was an afternoon of croquet and football in the park. It's almost like spring is here, but not really cause it's only the beginning of March.


Mama C has always emphasized the importance of looking good, and sometimes this means coordinating your croquet equipment to your outfit. 


We might have lost, but at least we had fun. You think if I'm not gunna be good at regular sports, I should at least be good at obscure sports. But, alas, no.

Ok, now everyone go watch the Oscars for me because I don't have cable, and they are my absolute favorite. I'm not going to let myself look at Oscar dresses until I finish at least half the work that I must have done for tomorrow. 

peace. love. and outdoors. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47216223-1